Monday, December 9, 2019

Still, Though

Two people sit opposite in deep-hearted
disagreement talking of their lives,
laughing, frrowning, smiling, sipping
coffee hoping the conversation
does not end.


           One Step, Then Another
I am listening for the combination
of sounds that says footsteps
are being taken;
                           there is no solitary
footstep, just like no singular moment
of love exists.
                      So I listen and look
for that one step making the next.

         I Don't Know What It Means
Everytime I think,
"She's not the one for me,"
my heart and soul and body
break into laughter.

(written in tree stands while deer hunting)

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...