Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Ask to Receive

There is no certitude to offer what I ask
for but for the fact there will be no
answer given
                     if I keep asking questions
of what, of whom has no answer to give.
A lifetime can be spent asking the wrong
questions so we can say, "See?  I told
you so!"
              But who wants that as a benediction?
There is no question each of us are given a question
at birth to ask and once asked
heaven and hell become what they utterly are
and we see why this world
was once, still is paradise.
                                        The wrong questions,
the wrong answers open nothing.  It is that singular
question -- perhaps whispered - to which the answer,
"Yes, I've known that all along!"
is a song of salvation not even Angels can sing.

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Communion

I buy Fig Newtons occasionally. They  are a communion with that time when Mrs. Heinz  would give them to me when Dad and Mom, Reverend and M...