Wednesday, April 12, 2023

And What Is Decided

The birds have decided not to sing 

nor fly among the trees this morning.

 

The break of day has come and gone.

The hillsides a red hue.  I long 

 

for some sign though I don’t know

what I am longing for.  Not spring, no;

 

it is here.  Maybe what is inside spring,

that shoulder shudder revealing 

 

what was thought to be hidden, the secret

within and within and within kept

 

unless dug up, hands in the ground

fingers reaching, reaching around.

 

The heart in every fingertip,

the right words finding my lips.


-Byron Hoot

https://hootnhowlpoetry.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...