Saturday, August 20, 2022

Living Far Enough Away

I admit the news of the cities seem

strange to me:  politics, agendas, 

conspiracies, wars for what no war

can conquer.  I grow tired of the cry,                   

“I’m right, you’re wrong!” as if we’ve

lost all human feeling and thought.

Consideration that knowledge and 

ignorance are never equal, that the 

certainty of today becomes uncertain

tomorrow.  The overwhelming sense 

that what is said to be true is never so

completely.  That we can’t find what 

our hearts contain. What we need to do

is beyond right and wrong – it is, simply, 

the thing to do.  I live at the outermost borders;

of course, that kind of living can occur

in the cities, too.  


-Byron Hoot

 hootnhowlpoetry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...