Monday, August 9, 2021

Improv or The Only Certainty

Awakening is an improvisational act.

The unity of dreams is contrasted to

the unity of Nature the eyes first take

in.  The improv is tricky for me; I often

forget how I have chosen and how this

place has chosen to be home for me 

and how long it has taken me to say

the word “home” with any meaning.

Each morning there is that sense of where

am I.  The sliding images of inner and  

outer scenes dance with me, one step here,

one step there.  The rhythm of shadows beat

everywhere.  And then I remember I’m

improvising all the time not only upon

awakening.  And home is now, where I am,

where I dance at dawn, where I hear and

see, where I walk in dream as if the ground

is underneath my feet, where every moment

is a crossroad, each step sliding in a direction

unknown and I whisper the word “home’

in exile longing.


"Want a miracle?  Plant a seed.  Panteha


-Byron Hoot

http://hootnhowlpoetry.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Communion

I buy Fig Newtons occasionally. They  are a communion with that time when Mrs. Heinz  would give them to me when Dad and Mom, Reverend and M...