Friday, August 23, 2019

The Nap

The ceiling fan pushing,
no, dropping the air down
in the rhythm of the blades
going round lulled me to sleep,
to take a nap
                    something I rarely do,
but I was thinking of you
and that you I have yet
to know so i drifted into dream,
one of love.
                   Of course, the edges
were erotic.  What is love without
touch?  Indeed, what is the divine
without it and what is more divine
than love between two willing to risk
what can only be found here?
                                           So I thought
as I dozed off, "a twenty minute
power nap."  Nearly three times
as long when the cat nipped 
my dangling arm by some cat
logic.
          So I awoke longing,
desiring, confused
                            just like when I
awake in the morning.
The nap didn't do a damn thing,
no more clarity than if
I'd slept through the night.
Of course, I'd have to say,
most dreams are like that --
even the ones that have come true.

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...