Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Yuputka

In a velvet sky glows a silver moon
Dense dark woods echo an owls swoon
Yellow twinkles from a thousand fireflies
Golden flames flirt with the chill of night
Tranquility coaxes my thoughts to run deep
Cricket lullaby's gently sing me to sleep
Floating along on my river of dreams
Suddenly awakened by something unseen
Some "Thing" is crawling across my skin,
Down my cheek and across my chin!
It slithers up and down my arms 
Screaming, I slap at myself in alarm
Terror's clawing at my back as I flee
Stumbling along on trembling knees
Jumping in my truck I slam the door 
Turn the key, mash the pedal to the floor
Spinning tires roaring down the road
Chased by fear til I'm safely home
Laughing in relief, I realize what it was
Just that phantom feeling they call YUPUTKA!!

7-10-19
-Sharon L Hodge 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...