Thursday, March 14, 2019

Moments Of Summer–Fireflies

By the end of the field
a thin layer of withered crimson afterglow 
is struggling off the stack black clouds
under which there is a cluster of woods,
which is as dark as the silhouette
after a sudden storm.

The perfume of the hay rolls nearby has faded
while the freshness of the soil and the grass roams.
The rainwater remaining on the tip of the grass 
gets my bare feet so wet that 
I shudder slightly.

A few fireflies holding their magic lanterns 
flying in front of me kindly.
I am afraid that 
the sparks are too faint and twinkling
to illuminate 
my long way home.

Min Katherine Liu
Virginia Tech
WVArts Solitude
Summer 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...