Monday, May 15, 2023

Temporal Entanglement

 

Who knows where the end should be

It was my turn

I swallowed the rosy-red moon

She lingered in the pit of my throat

Hovered in my chest

Then emitted gentle pulses

To all my flaccid limbs

Imbedded memories begged for my attention

 

Copious verses

For parents departed

A cousin and auntie chat fest

Extended beyond the dusty dawn

Maybe it ends here

 

Bridal trousseau in leather case

Carefully curated

Little girl in blue frilly dress

Oversized binoculars on her neck

Maybe it ends here

 

India ink-stained fingers

Wielding a bamboo reed pen

Polaroid portrait snapped

With Daisy the blue parakeet

Maybe it ends here

 

After school splash time in the crick

Playmate’s orange muddied feet and hands

Her mom’s creamy banana pudding

Tops my sister’s soggy rendering

Maybe it ends here

 

Restful sleep attainable

Only with Dad’s water buffalo bedtime stories

And a bellyful of Mom’s sugar stuffed paratha

Dipped into sweetened yogurt

Maybe it ends here

 

Maybe where the end should be

Is where it all started


By Tabassam Shah, Clarion, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...