Thursday, February 9, 2023

Unseen


Like some monk, I pull the hood over

my head, the top of it above my eyes

obscuring and focusing my vision.

 

I say no prayers except the ones

of my presence, hearing and seeing

answer enough for me.

 

I pass unnoticed, unseen appearing 

occasionally at the right place at 

the right time, hear, “Thank you”

 

and disappear the way a wild 

animal does – that step not quite

believable like a magician’s trick.

 

I like it best this way.  The way 

of the crossroad, the intersection

of time and place and need,

 

the call of “Wait, please” an echo.

No-one able to see where 

I’m going not even me.


-Byron Hoot

https://hootnhowlpoetry.com

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...