Friday, October 28, 2022

Natural Art

The sky was the back of a sheep,

a burning pink fleece

the sun ignited.  By chance 

or invocation I saw what didn’t 

last too long – now the clouds 

are grey-blue-white with

the baby blue sky behind.  In 

that moment the dawn did what

all art does – it made me stop,

take in, consider what is beyond

words but not experience, not

beyond feeling.  That beauty

Nature possesses, gives we translate

into grace  by the way we see ourselves,

treat others.  Like all art

it made room for another moment

even as the memory etched onto

my heart mixing now and forever.


-Byron Hoot

-hootnnhowlpoetry.cOm."

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...