Wednesday, June 29, 2022

MIRACLE

Miracle that I’m here considering the other things I should be doing 

weight on my mind stealing my peace muscles tense

run

I can’t sleep or sit still 

run

keep pace with the driving beat of things needing done 

crucial tasks bring consequences 

failure looming disappointment hovering 

beat the drum faster 

no time when there is so much to do

no time


yet the sun came in through my window just right 

drew my eye to the green and the light 

sweet birdsong forcing me to

 

Stop


Miracle that I can see or hear or understand anything

electric waves tell me what it means to have on socks 

shows me the sparkly purple life of my rex begonia 

lets me taste air on my tongue 

translation to sublime 


Savor the moment rare 

when clarity cuts to the heart  

some meaning 

some great truth strikes 

leaving me frozen with mouth agape 

taste the sublime and devour the purple 

let the birdsong’s wild tempo

interrupt the relentless drumbeat


free if only for that one moment


-Melissa Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early

The death of my father is nearly a month away – 31 years.  The haunting of longing has begun.  The end of his life was nothing like the full...