Friday, May 24, 2019

In Praise Of

I think heresy is the only
position that makes sense.
Of course, so much utterly 
depends on orthodoxy.
                       It is as if an
inverted influence has been set
loose and I, and those like unto me,
can't get away from.
                             Nor is the speed
it teases us with deniable,
so seductive to be irresistible.
So I, following as I can, the greatest
heretic of all who has become
common fodder by a few words
love my enemies as my brothers
and sisters, pray for them but
not too much for who am I
without them?

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Mind in the Wind Seeing Where Things Lie

I am riding the wind, surveying the damage of the storm as if I’m a bird caught on the wind currents handed off like a baton in a relay race...